Labels

Monday, March 29, 2021

Hobby

In the Contest Form for the Toastmasters Speech Contest, there was a question asking for my hobby which I, without thinking twice, wrote READING and SOLVING PUZZLES. 

Almost everyone I know though, would assume that my answer would relate to some kind of sports. The Contest Chair was no different. 

I then explained to him, I can't live without sports. It is akin to the air that I breathe. I live, eat and sleep for them. But a hobby, it is just something fun that I do. I love crossword puzzles, kakuro, rubic cube. I love the smell of the paperbacks and now I am beginning to fall in love with the monotonous voices of the audiobook readers!  

As it was a busy week, I didn't give it another thought until I had a conversation with Tasha about Franco's retirement. 

Me: Tasha, we need to find Papa a hobby, PRONTO. Otherwise what is he going to do come June?  

Tasha: Ma, you have to start admitting the fact that Papa is NOT you. Work is his source of income, his passion AND his hobby! There is NO distinction! If you want to find Papa a hobby, find him a job! 

Me: What a sad existence! 😜 

How can anyone not fall in love with this kind of algorithm? 

No comments: