Labels

Saturday, March 20, 2021

Kiasu Me!

At the start of the year, Dr. Pui San and I met for lunch after not seeing each other for almost a year. I have a lot of admiration for her because she is very well read and vocal about her specialty - sports medicine. She is also one of the few doctors whom I allow to dry needle my hamstring! 

Since both of us are avid readers, the conversation revolved around the books that we have read and the learnings from them. She made a list of recommendation and when I was going to do the same, I realised that she had read all on my list even though some of them are newly researched and published material!

Me: How many books are you reading a week? 

PS: On average 2-3! 

Me: What? I am reading a book a week and I thought that I was doing very well for myself! How the h**l do you manage to do that? 

PS: Audio and e-book mostly. 

Ting! That is what's missing for me. The audio book! 

I got home, subscribed to  Blinkist and now averaging 2 books a week. Woohoo! Fiction on audio book while I am chilling and paperback when I need some inspiration. 

Kiasu me!

No comments: