Labels

Sunday, January 3, 2021

When Sports Meet Science

Over the last few days, I have been reading Facebook posts of my friends who couldn't wait for 2020 to finish. As if with the New Year the virus would just miraculously disappear! It prompted me to think about what I have achieved in this year that everyone wanted to forget, the year that crippled the entire world. 

As an endurance sports aficionado, the achievements are always measured by the distance and elevation covered by swimming, cycling and running, and my trusted go-to app is always the Strava. I can't quite remember the stats for 2019 but the 2020 Report Card was really nothing to shout about. However, in comparison to the general population, it is still quite an outstanding achievement! 😆

With the pools closed most of the year and cycling restricted to within the district, I found myself having time on my hand! Whilst some indulged in Netflix or trying new recipe on their Thermomix, I couldn't think of a better way to use the time than to quench my thirst for the science required to pursue my passion even more deeply!! 

At the National Sports Institute of Malaysia @ L1 Sports Science Course for Coaches 2020

I attended webinar after webinar, some at god-forsaken hours but I toughed it out through it all. Each offers unique perspective that combines the science and the sports which gave me completely new insights into my favourite sports. 

So, thank you COVID19 for giving me the most valuable gift of all - TIME!  

No comments: