Labels

Sunday, February 7, 2021

Not Today

Woke up feeling really tired this morning. 

Regardless, I dragged myself out of bed for my morning ritual of saying a prayer and recite some Quranic verses. It helps to soothe the soul and serves as a daily reminder of how lucky I am to still be alive and healthy. The feeling of gratitude normally would make me spring into action. NOT TODAY! 

Tasha and Franco were still deep in their sleep, so the house was eeriely quiet. I turned the coffee machine on and within seconds the aroma of the freshly grounded beans permeated the air. Most days this would have perked me up. NOT TODAY! 

I had a list of things to do - from revising my Toastmasters speech to completing my Module 3 for the Mentorship Program. Mornings are always the best time for me when it comes to “creative” work. The deep sleep from the night before provide such clarity, ideas ooze out from pen to paper so fast that I had created a lot of shorthand to help me keep up with the flow. NOT TODAY! 

I had to choose a couple of photos from TKC for the Book Project (have they not printed it already?), and by now Tasha was awake and joined me in the search for the least ugly photo of me playing sports! Most times we are always able to agree on one thing. NOT TODAY! 

So I sent both photos to the editor. 


Managed to complete everything on the Things to Do list just before noon. Yes! Now I have the whole afternoon to errr....twiddle my thumbs. But decided, NOT TODAY!

So I set a conversation about Dennis Ignatius in motion. He recently wrote an article on the book by Tommy Thomas that has sparked controversy in the Malaysian political circle. We ordered the book, "Justice in Wilderness". It arrived 4 days ago and Franco who has the monopoly of the book is still reading the Preface. I reminded him that it took him 2 years to finish Sarawak Report and that maybe I should read this book before him so that I don't wither to dust waiting for my turn! 

He looked up and said, "ok sayang!" 

No way! We have been married 23 years and this never happens! Whatever bad news he has to break, I hope he will save it for another day. 

Please, NOT TODAY! 



No comments: