Labels

Friday, February 26, 2021

Warm and Happy Place

How many times have you had an amazing idea while taking a shower? Stanford University conducted a scientific research on this phenomenon of showering inspiration. They found that people tend to think more creatively when they are in a warm and happy place and when they are emotionally uninhibited. Being naked in a hot shower is as close as it gets for most of us!

My husband is one of them. Always exclaiming, "Babe, I have an epiphany!" loud enough to wake up the whole neighbourhood. Unfortunately for him, the realisation disappears as quickly as it dawns on him! To be precise, as soon as he turns off the faucet and steps out of the shower.  ðŸ˜œ

My warm and happy place is when I run. When all I could hear is the sound of my shoes pounding the tarmac. When all I could feel is the gentle beating of my heart beat. When the beads of sweat trickle from my head down to my cheeks and my neck. When my thoughts dissipate into thin air with the evaporation of the droplets. This is when my mind will be engulfed with endless inspiration. And unlike my husband I try the best that I can to make a mental note of it! 

I ran 8km last night and another 12km first thing this morning. During a chat with one of my athletes he asked what I did since I last saw him yesterday. 

Me: I ran 20km within 12 hours. 

Him: Oh no!

I smiled because he has been my athlete long enough to know that the training to follow will be a "new" experience for both of us!

Where is your warm and happy place

 

No comments: