Labels

Monday, February 18, 2013

THE DEPARTURE

My last blog entry on work related subject was in March 2012. It was not because that was my last date at work but it was because I was so busy building my empire that I didn't even have time to breathe, let alone blog. So busy that I was clocking 18 hour day, 7 days a week, travelled to 12 countries in 10 months, spent more time hearing foreign languages than my own mother tongue and slept in hotels more than in my own bed!

After endless pleas for more help which fell on deaf ears, I gave my notice to leave that shocked most people, including my husband because I loved everything that I was doing - the company, the nature of work and my team. My bosses grovelled for me to stay, my colleagues arranged for endless training during the transition period to make sure they cover all bases and my PA was too distraught to even do anything except to make sure I had a smooth exit. 

The only people who were happy I was leaving was the Client Shell. I thought it was because they felt I was not good enough for them. It turned out that they had been waiting for the moment so that they can offer me a position within their organisation. And as soon as I left the company, they did....

However, I had worked in Caltex (later known as Chevron), I know what it takes to survive there and I don't think I want to go to that same place again.

So, thanks for the offer but perhaps no thanks, for now. 





1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.