Labels

Monday, August 30, 2010

STANDARD CHARTERED RUN 2010


The duo running the half marathon
The unexpected happened - I tossed and turned the night before the race and finally managed to get in just under 4 hours of sleep.
Not to be deterred by this setback, we woke up at 4 as planned and fuelled ourselves with bread, bananas, dates and juices.
When the race started, the expected happened. The pressure started to build up in my shin and it was so intense that I had to stop running and start walking.
The thought of quitting at that point ran through my mind a million times or maybe more but I pressed on, hoping that with every step that I took the pressure will be reduced and eventually withered away. It did after 4 km after which I started running and didn't stop (well, except for water and 100 Plus breaks) until the finishing line.
I overtook Franco on the 14th km, gave him some Power Gel and sped on to finish in 2:20.
Very happy indeed that I have achieved another milestone in my life. The next will be the Newton Run 30km in Singapore @ 10/10/10

No comments: