Labels

Thursday, April 9, 2009

DR YEE DENTAL SURGERY

The guilt started seeping in the minute I entered the clinic door. Nevertheless, I brave myself to face the harping! Afterall it has been over a year since I last saw her. The routine check up should be at least every 6 months for one who has a molar that is waiting to crack. But I am no different from any other "Jo"anne. Nobody is diligent enough to go for a routine check up when everything is fine. Yours truly is no exception.
While I was in the dentist chair, with my mouth wide open but not being able to respond to Dr. Yee's comment, she said something which really explained the way I am feeling right now at this stage of my life.
"When you hit 40, you are so confident of yourself because of the years that you have experienced and you really know what you want in your life and you just focus on those things!" It took a second to hit me and it took a few more seconds for her to respond to my request to stop cleaning my teeth and let me talk!
And talk I did - I am exactly at that phase of my life that I pretty much know what I want and how to get it. No more difficult decisions to make - do we live in a house or a condo, which condo to buy, how many kids should we have, which school should we send the kids to, which job do I take, will I like the job and the list of worries continued.
I love the age that I am now but I am also looking forward to the years ahead and see what would be in stall for me in the next 10, 20, 30 years or more. As my dentist puts it, you are probably going to be needing your teeth for the next 45 years, so, let's make sure I see you a bit more often than once a year!

No comments: