Labels

Monday, October 24, 2011

GRANDMOMS

Both my grandma and Franco's grandma passed away this year. They had a lot of similarities - my Tok We and Franco's Nonna.

They both were very independent, living on their own until very very late in age.




My tok we made mean pisang murtabak and Nonna made doughnuts to die for.

My tok we would always slipped in some money, no matter how little to her great grandchildren and Nonna would do the same. However, Nonna took the meaning of sustainability to a new level when she made us return the white envelope that she used to put the money in so that she can reuse the envelopes for the next handout!

Nonna is the only one whom I know who drank her wine with Sprite. Salute to you Nonna!




I pray that both of them will be rewarded with the garden of paradise for being such a great person who touched so many lives in this world. They certainly have touched mine and they will forever be missed.







No comments: