Labels

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

SKIING IN THE CEDARS, LEBANON



We stayed at La Cabane in The Cedars, the only hotel right at the foot of the ski lift. The hotel is new (only opened January 2011 and we were there a few weeks after), in fact when I first saw the hotel I thought that it was still under construction.




But as soon as I went in, I knew I would have a good time there. We spent a lot of time by the fire place, drinking hot chocolate while reading and surfing on the I pad.

The stay was made even more memorable when we met Mustaffa and his family who was so fun and so generous.

La Cabane and its people have a certain charm and warmth that despite a lot of "hardship" that we faced when we were there, it was difficult to be angry or not to fall in love with the place.

The very next day, we decide to hit the slope. It was a hot Sunday and there were oh so many people! (I thought their weekend would be on Friday and was expecting a quiet time on the slope. Turned out, they celebrate weekend like most countries around the world!)
The equipment rental was USD 10 per person and there were shops renting equipment everywhere but we opted for the one right at the foot of the slope. The ski pass was USD 40 per day on weekends. So, USD 150 poorer, we hit the slope and didn't stop until the sun came down and we enjoyed every penny of it...













No comments: