Labels

Thursday, July 22, 2010

TEAM BUILDING

The team building for my Asian team members which took place in Broga Hills in June 2010 was a real eye-opener for me.




Carrie from Hong Kong, is really petit with a small voice, so small you could hardly hear her speak during our regular teleconference. But of all, she surprised me the most. She was on my team and boy...was I eventually glad to have her on my team! She was really the bravest of the hearts!


Then I have Feby from Indonesia, who was afraid of heights but went on to climb a ladder 60 feet high and did a flying fox from that height! She made everybody laughed constantly and had so much confidence that she could even laugh at her own faults. That is 5 star quality right there.




Beybs is the "most serious" of the lot, or at least that was the image she wanted to project and I really believed it. In fact, I now know that of all, she is probably the one who knows how best to have fun! Her dance move is world class...but then again she is a Filipino and I believe every one of them is born with music in their head.



My Indian fellow, Mithoon is the coolest and the most collected of all and remained that way through out while we were shouting, yelling and laughing our heads off. It is always good to have a sensible head in times of euphoria.



I remember my phone bill last year was enormous because of the constant calls to Riaz in Pakistan. This is the person who used to confide in me on all decisions, big and small. This year, he did a turn around and in fact during the team building, went on to take the lead when we had to build a raft to save the team members' lives.


Unfortunately, Nattha from Thailand injured her ankle in the beginning of the activities, otherwise I am sure she would have wowed me as well!




As for the PMO team, Edric's knotting skill that he acquired during his boy scout days came in handy when we had to build a raft, Ganesh didn't wash himself up as often as I thought he would given the mud and dirty water that we had to play in (which is a big achievement for someone who is anal about cleanliness - I know this because I live with one) and Terence participated in almost all the activities despite his health condition.




So kudos to all SKM Shell Asia Procurement team and thank you to the SKM People Team for the organising such a fun event.















1 comment:

oriental events said...

There are various online sources to provide you informative details on this topic, but this is one is very helpful.
Team Building Thailand