Labels

Friday, July 23, 2010

SOUTH AFRICA



When I mentioned Cape Town, the reactions from my friends and colleagues were all the same - did you see the majestic Table Mountain or ate seafood in Hout Bay or watched the cute little penguins in Simmon's Town or went to touch the water where the Indian and the Atlantic Oceans meet?



Yes, and yes and yes.

But what striked me the most was none of the above because I read and heard all about them before I went and therefore expected them to be gorgeous and wonderful experience, and they all lived up to their good reputation.

So, there was no element of surprise there, really.

What I love most about Cape Town is the healthy lifestyle. Even as early as 6 in the morning, there were so many people running, doing weights by the seafront. The cafes, even the simplest ones, have healthy food options with serving portion meant for ordinary people. The sea is littered with people surfing despite the cold water, the beach with kids and adults playing beach volleyball or football and the mountains with hikers of different fitness level.


The lifestyle was really contagious. Even Tasha got into it and joined me for the runs.... even when she had to get up at 6 in the morning on her holiday!







No comments: