Labels

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

25 THINGS ABOUT ME

1. An ardent sports person. Can’t live without sports/exercise.
2. My husband is undoubtedly the best in the world. He is funny, caring, romantic, fun fun fun! I married him because he is neat and has great sense of humour.
3. My daughter is my world and my fashion guru. Must say that my style has improved since she was born!
4. Have few close friends. Not good at keeping fair-weather friends. I have no patience nor energy to keep up with the superficialities.
5. Hate Malaysian politics with a vengeance. Just as an example of the “arrogance and selfishness” of these politicians - in this current economic downturn, they are still prioritising party fights over putting up mini budgets that could help thousands of families. Unbelievable!
6. Have immense passion for travelling. Try to go somewhere, everywhere whenever there is a holiday. Even if it is just Cuti Cuti Malaysia. Love to see new things, taste new food, learn different ways of life.
7. Most unforgettable trip was my honeymoon 11 years ago when we traversed the Silk Route. It is a long story but suffice to say, it makes Amazing Race looks so unchallenging.
8. Work mainly for money. Although I love what I am doing now, I will not hesitate to quit when my goals are achieved.
9. I don’t believe in climbing corporate ladder, I don’t believe in loyalty to a particular outfit. I always go where there is more money on the table.
10. I am closest to my older sister whom from very young has been very protective over me. She still comes and does laundry at my place when I don’t have a maid!
11. I find it difficult to forgive and definitely will NEVER forget.
12. Still a true Kelantanese at heart when it comes to food. There is nothing like Kelantanese / Golok food.
13. Still have the desire to learn new things –piano lessons, tennis coaching, personal training are a few of the things I am doing now. Hope to write the Project Management Professional Exam before the year ends.
14. My husband’s most frequent complain about me is that I spend too much time playing tennis. So, I guess I am not doing so badly.
15. My common complain about my husband is that the volume is too loud when he is watching TV. Petty but deafening. I hate noise in whatever shape or form!
16. Unlike most girls, I don’t particularly enjoy shopping for trivial things like fancy clothes, uncomfortable shoes, handbags, knick knacks. My expenditure usually revolves around golf membership, gym membership, coaching, golf clubs, basketball, bicycle and tennis rackets!
17. Plants die on me for whatever reason there may be – too much water, not enough sun, too much fertiliser, old soil. I don’t have green fingers but fortunately I have friends with green fingers who will save my plants when they are dying.
18. Not a religious person. Trying to learn and practice what I learn but definitely not doing enough in this department.
19. Person who impresses me the most – my first piano teacher, Rauf who has inspired me to continue with my lessons even until now. He has now become a performer and last I heard he was performing in Starhill. This guy plays with his heart and soul. He has set such a standard that it is kind of difficult for me to appreciate other teachers!
20. The most touchy moment (so far) was when my daughter sang “You Raised Me Up” solo at a concert. Both my husband and I were in tears.
21. Very simple person with simple needs. Hate complicated arrangement. Everything must be practical!!!
22. Do not enjoy big group gatherings. I probably really care for about 1% of the people in the group and thus find it a waste of time to even bother with the rest.
23. My husband and I hardly fight, we really pick our battles. Although for a lot of people it may seem that we are fighting all the time because we do speak very loudly to / at each other!
24. Didn't have a wedding, just an akad nikah ceremony attended by a handful of friends and relatives. If I have another chance, I will not do it any other way. Till now, I still couldn’t understand the need for a big wedding reception – and most times twice for the same couple – once for each side!
25. Life is short, always try to live life to the max. So, you will not find me napping in the afternoon to pass time, or hang out at a mall wandering aimlessly or stay at work longer than necessary just to impress the boss!!!

2 comments:

Tatee Hassan said...

Haa....I can see some similiarities...being Scorpion kot...hehehe

linikazim said...

Tatee, Long live Scorpions.