Labels

Sunday, January 18, 2009

DSLR CANON v NIKON

I have been busy this weekend, talking to friends with varying level of interest in photography, reviewing comparisons between Canon and Nikon, reading relevant and irrelevant (for some reason, my football friends have used the forum to contend their issue on my time!) comments on my Facebook.
The more I read, the more confused I became. Time is running up as we are leaving for Egypt in less than a week and I still couldn’t decide the best camera that would bring out the best in me (yes....I do need every bit of help I can get in that department!)
The decision was finally made at Kluang Station in One Utama while we were waiting for our breakfast to be served. I managed to pester Sue to call Francis, who not only is a photography enthusiast but this guy breathes, lives, xxxx with cameras hanging around his neck! Definitely an authoritative figure in this subject and I would trust his decision truly and utterly.
After a series of phone calls back and forth, we came up with the final verdict... the Nikon D60 coupled with 18-200mm lens.
Thank you, Francis. I will make you proud one day.
Based on information from a very reliable source:
a) Canon and Nikon are the most available worldwide, followed by Sony and Olympus. Pentax is hard to find out of Japan.

b) Choose your brand based on the lenses as the camera body ages quickly (good for 3 - 5 years) but lenses last forever (10 – 30 years).


2 comments:

milk and cookies said...

Aaaawww man...
Why dont u choose Sony Alpha instead?
Its the most suitable camera for the ladies for it's lightweight and the most user friendly DSLR you can find in the market.
I tried Nikon once and its a lil bit hard to understand their system even though the colour is superb.
And Canon will do a stunning job with its high ISO as it will cause ALMOST NO NOISE in the picture.
Plus, the shutter speed. I heard that most journalist chose Canon for the shutter speed is reliable.
Then, I compared both Nikon and Canon with Sony.

Sony still wins! Gorgeous color and system. Ting2!
Heheh...

linikazim said...

hello milk and cookies,

Last minute, a friend offered to lend his camera for our trip to Egypt. So, the research shall continue, I guess.

Tasha of course is happy to hear your recommendation, being Miss Bling herself...