Labels

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

ALL IN A DAY'S WORK

Usually I deployed my team to negotiate on the company's or client's behalf. But in this particular case, the pressure to reduce cost by 30% will be too much for my team of professional negotiators to handle. So, I decided to assist. The negotiation started at 10 am and by 11 am we wrapped up the deal.


I was so chaffed that I sms to Franco:


LK: just saved the company RM 100k, all in an hour's work. Now I am going for my wantan noodles.
During my brunch, I read a review on C250 CGI and text Franco the page number of the SUN for him to read.


FR: what a gem! I noticed that after saving RM 100k, you proceeded to contemplate buying C250 instead of C200.


LK: No lah! Anyway, you should see Wesley's face when I came out of negotiation and told him I shaved off 30%. His jaw dropped down to his knees. He asked me how I did it. So, I told him, he doesn't have to learn it, he just have to keep me employed for him to be a hero.


FR: Good girl. You are going to have to be employed for at least the next 7 years.


LK: Alamak, I thought until 2015?


FR: Boleh tapi you will need to increase monthly installment amounts ergo you will need to negotiate a significant salary increment.


LK: Cannot increase salary cause don't want more responsibility. In fact, I am negotiating for the same salary with less hours!


FR: Then year 2018 it is!
At about 2 pm, Franco texted me again:
FR: any more savings?
LK: Nope, having my weekly massage now on the 6th floor!
FR: All in a day's "work", huh?




No comments: