Labels

Monday, November 9, 2009

TUESDAYS WITH MORRIE

“Why did we bother with all the distractions we did? Back home, the O.J. Simpson trial was in full swing, and there were people who surrendered their entire lunch hours watching it, then taped the rest so they could watch more at night. They didn’t know O.J. Simpson. They didn’t know anyone in the case. Yet they gave up days and weeks of their lives, addicted to someone else’s drama.”

I shared the above excerpt from Tuesdays with Morrie with Tasha this morning and the first thing she said was “…. but I love watching Kimora Lee Simmons” to which I replied, “I know but the question is, “why do you bother with her life – she doesn’t even know you and worse, you don’t mean anything to her, and yet you spend so much time on her!”

I left her to ponder the “meaning of life question” for my morning tennis session with Coach Din and hurried to work for 9.30 a.m. meeting.

After the meeting, I went through my Things To Do list and asked Sree to send an invite to all interested to join the Mount Kinabalu climb, the date of which has been set in May next year. Within seconds, Sree came to my room to inform me that Franco has accepted the invitation with a message saying “I will come as long as I can still watch E!News.”

Sree looked puzzled but with that message I know Tasha has also been posing some hard questions to her dad this very morning.

No comments: