Labels

Thursday, July 9, 2009

WHEN HARRY MET SALLY

10 years ago, when watching Harry Met Sally, the crowd burst into laughter when Sally placed her order. I was amongst the crowd and I was one of those who thought, how can a person be so fussy. That behaviour is just so intolerable, customer right or not. That was then.
Today at Marmalade, the conversation went:
"Good afternoon mam," the waitress greeted me sweetly.
"Good afternoon," I replied. "Stay and take my order, I am ready now."
Although I have not opened the menu I know the salad menu by heart.
"Sound of Havana salad with dressing on the side, banana boat shake with no honey and low fat yoghurt. And, oh...can you please serve the shake in a take away cup?" I whispered, while looking around me to make sure nobody had heard my tall order.

1 comment:

Camus said...

"I'll have what she's having ..."