Labels

Sunday, November 9, 2008

ORGHE KELATE

My youngest sister has been crashing at my place since our trip to Singapore. Being the chatterbox that she is, the house has been filled with Kelantanese dialect since her arrival instead of the usual English and sporadic BM used when I am upset.

Tasha is loving the language and tries to speak it at every opportunity, which is a joy to hear although half of the time, it sounded like a new language has been created! We even took her to watch the movie Budak Kelantan which is a bit too adultish for her but has some beautiful Kelantanese language spoken by some of the actors. Even my husband didn't want to miss out on the fun and has finally succeeded in saying "seksen ne belah" like a true Kelantanese.

Ahhhh...at last... my home now feels like a real Kelantanese home!

2 comments:

milk and cookies said...

Hehe..
That must be Nta
Kirim salam "deh"!

Hehe..(I still don't know how to talk in kelantanese eventhough Ayah is a pure kelantanese!)

linikazim said...

Hi Ira,

Indeed it was Nita with her pure Kelantanese accent!

I never thought Tasha would be interested but she is really going for it.

You can come crash course with us too the next time you are in KL!